Borough Building Hours of Operation | M-F 9AM-4PM
Public Works Laborer I
NOTE: To inquire about this position, please email the borough manager with a resume. Contact information is listed below.
Under the direction of the Public Works Laborer Supervisor, a Public Works Laborer I is responsible for the operation of a variety of construction and maintenance equipment and for performing manual labor activities as needed and/or required by the Public Works Department.
• Road and green space maintenance
• Operation of Borough-owned vehicles, such as pick-up trucks, backhoe, dump trucks, salt spreaders, snowplows, etc.
• The operation of power tools and equipment, such as mowers, chain saws, air compressor, etc.
• Inspect and repair equipment as required by department procedures
• Make repairs to borough roads, curbs and sidewalks as required
• Mow grass, prune trees and hedges, and plant flowers and trees as required
• Performing sign crew duties
• Operates hand striping machine to install crosswalks and parking stall lines, uses hand paint guns to paint curbs and lines, and sets cones on ground to protect work areas
• Clean garage areas and park facilities, as well as clean up litter and empty trash cans
• Maintenance of sanitary and storm sewers and making repairs and/or conducting routine maintenance procedures is required
• Sweeps and cleans·-up of debris and materials from the roads will be required as well as snow and ice removal, including manual shoveling of snow
• Conducting other job-related duties is required.
Overtime may be required during snowstorms, natural disasters or other emergency situations as deemed necessary by borough management.
Prefer High School Diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills, And Ability:
• Some knowledge of methods and practices of maintaining and repairing roadways.
• Some knowledge of the materials, equipment, procedures and methods used in public works construction and maintenance activities.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary to the operation of heavy trucks and equipment.
• Knowledge or ability to learn the geography and streets of the city and the location of underground utilities.
• Some knowledge of carpentry and mechanical skills.
• Some knowledge of basic masonry techniques.
415 6th Street, Braddock, PA 15104
Glenn Terry Jr.